- Checked byThomas Williams
- Published For
Perfect Gems is a fresh Play N Go Cascading Reels release based on the provider’s Payways mechanism. As we’re sure you’re aware, high variance slots are easy to come by. Yet, combined with the Payways structure, these games’ winning potential is elevated to even greater heights.
If you’re looking for a big win slot, you can look forward to cashing in 5000X your stake in this one. Our Perfect Gems slot review will give you all the details, including the slot’s lucrative free spins bonus round.
T&Cs apply. New reg only. Opt in & deposit £10, £25 or £50 within 7 days & further 7 days to wager cash stakes 35x to unlock reward (£50 on 2 deposits). 3 day exp. Wagering/game contributions vary. 25 wager-free spins x10p to added to Big Bass Splash with each qualifying deposit, 3 day expiry. 18+ BeGambleAware.org.
Perfect Gems Slot Details and Wager Limits
Taking a quick glance at Perfect Gems, any experienced player will be able to tell the resemblance to Big Time Gaming’s Bonanza. What’s more, instead of acquiring BTG’s Megaways license, Play N Go have taken a different route and created “Payways”.
As such, Perfect Gems slot has 6 reels and anywhere between 2403 up to 21609 Payways.
- Minimum bet: €/$0.20
- Maximum bet: €/$100
Players can choose to Autoplay up to 100 spins. It’s possible to setup to stop Autoplay on:
- Any win
- Free spins round trigger
- If single win exceeds X amount,
- If balance increases/decreases by X amount.
What is Payways in Perfect Gems?
Payways works very similar to Megaways, with a few minor tweaks. Essentially, the number of reels is extended, and the number of symbols on most of the reels varies on each spin. Thus, the number of paylines active in any given spin is different every time.
The Perfect Gems slot Payways structure applies the following mechanisms:
- Reels 1 and 6 have 3 symbols
- Reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 can have up to 7 symbols
- The number of symbols on reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 can dynamically change on each spin
- The top-most horizontal reel adds extra symbols to reels 2, 3, 4 and 5
Perfect Gems Slot RTP
Perfect Gems slot has an RTP of 96.5%, which is just about average compared to the most popular slot releases today.
The game is high in variance, as most Payways and Megaways slots such as Aztec Gold.
Audio and Design Features – Colourful & Immersive
The Perfect Gems slot does not follow any particular theme unless gems can be considered a theme by themselves. It’s a soothing, almost-nostalgic video slot that aims to produce adrenaline with big wins. You could say that’s an odd mixture, but we feel it’s balanced out well.
The soundtrack is large and in charge here, which despite its repetitiveness never gets old. What’s more, the graphics and animations are sublime, as per usual Play N Go standards. One nitpick we have is that the animations, despite their good looks, can feel just a little big sluggish. If you’re used to playing NetEnt games you’ll definitely notice the difference.
Perfect Gems’ most valuable symbols are various gemstones in different colors: emerald, ruby, yellow and sapphire. The rest of the symbol lineup is completed by regular A, K, Q, J, 10 and 9s.
The user interface in Perfect Gems slot has been well thought-out. Players have immediate access to autoplay controls, the spin button and adjusting their betting range. The same can be said for the mobile version of this slot, which looks just as gorgeous and works just as well as its desktop counterpart.
Bonus Features and Games in Perfect Gems Slot
Besides the regular symbols we mentioned above, there are three special symbols to look out for in the Perfect Gems slot: Wild, Spin Scatter and Perfect Scatter.
The Wild does not generate a payout, but it substitutes for all other symbols except the Spin Scatter and Perfect Scatter. The Scatters themselves are connected to the bonus round, which we’ll get to in just a bit.
For now, we’d like to cover the basics of the Perfect Gems slot gameplay is, which is its Cascading Reels feature.
If you’ve played games like Gonzo’s Quest and Cosmic Fortune, then you’ll know what you’re dealing with: each winning spin in Perfect Gems triggers a free respin. The winning symbols disperse and make way for new symbols to replace them.
This can go on indefinitely as long as winning combinations are formed. The catch in Perfect Gems is the fact that each respin increases your win multiplier by 1X. The multiplier is also unlimited, making way for some incredibly high wins.
In addition to all this, symbols on the horizontal reel that match downward symbols on the same reel will cause these symbols to split, effectively doubling potential multipliers.
Perfect Gems Free Spins Bonus Round
The free spins feature in Perfect Gems is activated through 3 or more Perfect Scatter symbols.
- 3 Perfect Scatters: 9 Free Spins
- 4 Perfect Scatters: 15 Free Spins
- 5 Perfect Scatters: 21 Free Spins
- 6 Perfect Scatters: 27 Free Spins
The free spins round doesn’t have any special game conditions. Though, it’s important to note that Cascading Win multipliers will carry over from the base game to free spins.
We like the fact the Perfect Gems slot free spins round can be re-triggered indefinitely. Namely, every Spin Scatter that appears during this bonus round will reward you with +2 free spins.
Perfect Gems Slot Review Summary
You risk takers out there might have liked what you read in our Perfect Gems slot review. This one has everything a lover of highly volatile slots can desire: over 20,000 ways to win, payouts up to X5000 your stake, numerous special symbols and Play ‘N Go’s usual masterwork in graphics and sound effects.
Play N Go is very popular among online casinos, and it only takes one look at their news section to confirm that they release new slots regularly. For the time being, Perfect Games is one of the trending slots and this review shows just why.
Perfect Gems Slot FAQs
- What is Perfect Gems Payways?
- Payways is a gameplay mechanism similar to Megaways and created by Play N Go. As discussed earlier on, the main characteristic of Payways is the fact these slots have thousands of ways to win. In Perfect Gems, players can look forward to a maximum of 21609 ways to pay.
- Where can I find Perfect Gems slot?
You can find Perfect Gems at most Play N Go casinos. Most sites will give you the option to play for fun or for real money. The demo gameplay is a mirror-match of the slot’s real-money variant, so you may want to try it out before making a deposit. Have a look at our Play N Go casino listings for more details.
- What is the Perfect Gems slot RTP & volatility?
- Perfect Gems is a highly volatile slot, where players can look forward to rare, big wins instead of a continuous stream of low to mid-range payouts. The slot’s RTP is 96.5%, which sits right in the middle when compared to modern video slots of today.
- How many bonus features does Perfect Gems have?
- The Perfect Gems slot has one bonus feature: the free spins round. Activate 3 or more Scatters, and you will be granted with a set amount of free spins. The free spins feature can be re-triggered indefinitely through Spin Scatter symbols within the bonus game. Check back to our bonus section for the full details.