Moon Princess Review
Play’n Go takes us on a walk down memory lane, showcasing an amazing video slot based on the anime TV show from the 1990s, Sailor Moon. Titled Moon Princess, and featuring the unforgetable trio, Love, Storm and Star, it perfectly depicts the iconic characters. Play’n Go added their touch to the graphics, making it one of the best looking themed video slots.
If you’ve seen the TV show, the game will keep you coming back for more. It’s almost addicting and it proved to be one rather rewarding, with mediocre hit rate, but high returns in general.
|Moon Princess Details|
|User Rating: -||Total Votes: 0|
|House Edge: 3.50%||Return to player: 96.50%|
|Autospin: Yes||Softwares: no download - instant play, mobile, Mac|
|Released: July 27, 2017||Min Bet: 0.2|
|Max Bet: 100||Scatters: No|
|Gamble: No||Max Coins: 100|
|Reels: 5||Paylines: 20|
|Free Spins: Yes||Bonus Rounds: No|
|Wild: Yes||Software: Play n Go|
Moon Princess showcases big reels, the symbol grid is 5x5, featuring 20 paylines. Although it leads players to believe they need to form symbol clusters, this is still a payline slot. However, due to the dynamic game mechanics, Moon Princess is everything but a regular slot. The bet settings follow Play’n Go’s defaults, meaning the entry bet is 0.20, whereas high rollers can kick it up a notch with max bets of 100 per spin.
We recommend using the autoplay function, because the animations make manual play a bit clunky. You can win up to 500,000 in coins with a single spin! Lastly, the theoretical RTP of Moon Princess slot is 96.5%, which is a little above the market average.
It doesn’t matter if you’re familiar with the TV show, you will enjoy the game as long as you like playing slots. The game will introduce you to the characters and you will love it more with each spin. It’s safe to say Play’n Go did an amazing job with the visuals and the audio. In particular, the audio takes us back to the arcade era. It’s almost impossible to miss the voice which announces each of special Girl Powers.
The Wild Symbol is none other but the Moon. It substitutes for virtually any other symbol to form a winning line. This is the symbol that will bring you the highest rewards in general. In addition, it’s the key to reaching high multipliers of up to 20. Simply chain a few consecutive wins and you’re one step closer to 6 digit coin amounts. Besides the Wild Symbol, you should also keep an eye on the three lead characters, the Star, Love and Storm. Sounds like a lovely mix.
Many players will be overwhelmed at first by the big symbol grid. Nevertheless, spin the reels and you will quickly learn how the game works.
For the most part, you will benefit from the Trinity bonus feature. It gets triggered when you fill out the bar on the left of the reels. Whenever you form a winning line with any of the starring characters, one section of the bar is filled. A 3 of a kind fills one section, 4 fills two, whereas a 5 of a kind will instantly trigger the feature. In addition, you have to fill out the bar with one spin. As the symbols fall down, new lines are formed. Note, the bonus feature cannot be retriggered.
But what does this bonus feature do? All three Girl Powers are activated, one at a time. Once all options are exhausted, the bonus feature ends. Thanks to the Avalanche mechanic, they can last rather long. Here’s how the Girl Powers look like:
- Love – When activated, one set of symbols turns into another symbol. In our experience, this was the most rewarding Girl Power out of the three.
- Star – It’s simple, up to two Wild Symbols can appear on the reels. It’s not as rewarding as it sounds, because in most cases, the Wilds take an odd position.
- Storm – Two whole sets of symbols are destroyed, removed from the reels. The remaining symbols fall down and form new lines. It should be renamed into “silver lining” bonus feature, because it almost never results in decent wins.
There are Free Spins, but the trigger mechanism differs than what we consider normal. Scatters do not exist in Moon Princess slot. Instead, you win Free Spins once you clear all symbols. It sounds impossible, but in practice it’s not. Once you clear the Symbol Grid, you will be given three options.
- Love Free Spins – Although you’re given the least amount of Free Spins, this is the option you should choose, because it proved to be the most lucrative Free Spins bonus feature. It’s much like the Love bonus in the base game. However, you’re given Free Spins and the bonus is activated with each new Free Spins.
- Star Free Spins – Listed as the bonus feature with mediocre volatility, the Star Free Spins will bring Wild Symbols on the reels. However, after testing it for a few times, it pays half of what the Love Free Spins bonus feature does.
- Storm Free Spins – The reels look empty when you choose these Free Spins. However, if you do choose this option, you will get the highest number of Free Spins.
We assume you noticed the excitement in this review of Moon Princess slot. Most likely, we liked it so much because we once enjoyed watching it. Seeing the heroines on the reels feels like a dream come true. Play’n Go proved once again that they deserve the label world class online casino studio.