- Checked byKay Jones
- Published For
Egyptian mythology is a popular video slot theme among online casinos. In fact, it’s one we can’t get enough of. Though, with so many choices it’s not easy to spot the ones worthy of your time and money. With the help of our John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot review, we believe we can deliver just the thing for you.
This Pragmatic Play release has a maximum payout of 10,500X your stake. It also boasts a Money Collect feature and a Free Spins round. Read on for the fine details.
T&Cs apply. New reg only. Opt in & deposit £10, £25 or £50 within 7 days & further 7 days to wager cash stakes 35x to unlock reward (£50 on 2 deposits). 3 day exp. Wagering/game contributions vary. 25 wager-free spins x10p to added to Big Bass Splash with each qualifying deposit, 3 day expiry. 18+ BeGambleAware.org.
Slot Details and Wager Limits
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen is a 5 reel, 25 payline slot.
Players will be able to stake a minimum of €/$0.25 per spin, up to a maximum of €/$125. Coins per line and coin value can be adjusted to help you strike a balanced stake best-suited to your budget.
Players can choose to Autoplay up to 1000 spins, with either Quick Spin or Turbo Spin options enabled.
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen Slot RTP
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot has an RTP of 96.5%. It is medium in volatility, offering a fine mixture of relatively frequent wins and big win potential. In that regard, it’s similar to NetEnt’s Guns ‘N Roses and Yggdrasil’s Dr. Fortuno.
Audio and Design Features – A Tomb-Raiding Adventure
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot is not the first venture of John Hunter, who previously hunted Aztec Treasures in a different Pragmatic Play release. This slot’s theme is that of an Egyptian adventure with similar slot games such as Play ‘N Go’s Book of Dead or Novomatic’s Book of Ra.
Players will find the graphics top-notch, as we’ve come to expect from this provider. The animation work is a bit lacking, but overall, we believe you’ll be satisfied with the game’s aesthetical properties. The soundtrack is an excellent fit. It blends perfectly into the theme of a tomb-raiding venture full of mystery and action.
The symbols are thematically-inspired as well. You have pouches, Egyptian queens, pyramids, Anubis statuettes, John Hunter himself with a torch in hand, and standard A, K, Q and J letter symbols.
Being a rather new release, John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot works great on mobile and desktop as well. The interface is intuitive and players will find quick access to all necessary functionalities, including the paytable.
Bonus Features and Games
There are a handful of key symbols to look out for in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot. First, we have the Wild, which does not have a payout but substitutes for all except special symbols: The Scatter, Collect and Money symbol.
These special symbols are all connected to the slot’s bonus features, which we’ll explain below.
Money Collect Feature
The Money Collect feature in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot is related to the Money Symbol, which can appear at anytime on your reels. In fact, you’ll be seeing a lot of this symbol during gameplay.
The Money Symbol can appear on reels 1, 2, 3 and 4, and each one bears a random coin value. Though, to reap the rewards of the Money Symbol you will also need to hit the Collect symbol, which can only appear on reel 5.
If a Money symbol appears anywhere on your reels, and a Collect symbol appears on reel 5, different rewards are granted. That is because this slot has 5 types of Collect symbols.
- Collect: All Money Symbol values are added together and paid.
- Extra Credit Collect: The value of the Extra Credit Collect symbol (random) is added to all Money Symbols and paid.
- Multiplier Collect: The value of all Money Symbols is multiplied by the value of the Multiplier collect symbol, then paid
- Expanding Collect: All reels with a Money Symbol are expanded to fill their entire reel. All new symbols’ coin values are combined and the total is paid out.
- Respin Collect: All Money Symbols remain in place and a free respin is triggered. The total value of old and new Money Symbols is combined and paid.
This may look difficult to wrap your head around, but play a few spins and you’ll grasp it in no time. The key symbol to look out for is the Collect, as without it all Money Symbol values are invalid.
Free Spins Feature
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen’s free spins round is activated through 3 Scatter symbols, which can only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4.
Once activated, you will be rewarded with 8 free spins and a payout of 1X your stake. Collect 3 Scatters and the bonus round will be retriggered, with no re-trigger limits.
During free spins, the gameplay is the same as in the base game, with the addition of the Bonus Pot.
The value of all Money Symbols that appear in your free spins will be added to the Bonus Pot. Once the feature ends, the Bonus Pot value is added to a colossal Money Symbol (4X3) that covers the entirety of reels 1, 2, 3 and 4. If you also hit a Collect symbol on reel 5, the total pot payout is rewarded.
The free spins feature in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen is a nice addition to the game, but the overall reward mechanisms are well-balanced across the base game and bonus round. Meaning, you won’t to exclusively rely on free spins for big wins.
As for game fairness, John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen is one of the many Pragmatic Play RNG slots that are GLI certified.
Slot Review Summary
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen is a slot for everyone: it has small wins, big wins, a minimal entry fee and plenty of action all-around. It’s one of the rare Egyptian-themed slots that are not highly volatile, which is something we welcome anytime.
In our John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot review, we gave you all the key details. It’s up to you whether you want to try it out in demo mode or real money with a deposit bonus in hand.
John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen Slot FAQs
- What is the maximum win in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot?
- The maximum single win in a single spin in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot is 10,500X your stake. Players can look forward to big wins in the base game, thanks to the Money Collect feature, but also in the Free Spins round enhanced by the Bonus Pot.
- What is the John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot RTP?
- John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot has an RTP of 96,5%, which is considered downright average compared to modern popular video slots. The slot is also mid-variance, which means it aims to welcome players of many different budgets.
- Are there free spins in John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen?
- Yes! The John Hunter & the Tomb of the Scarab Queen slot has a free spins round that will reward you with 8 free spins. It is activated through 3 Scatter symbols which can appear on reels 2, 3 and 4. What’s more, this bonus round can be retriggered indefinitely. Check back to our free spins section earlier on for more details.