- Checked byThomas Williams
- Published For
NetEnt are well known for their quality online casino games, and their Divine Fortune slot promises to serve up winnings worthy of a Greek god. Or at least that’s the premise of this pretty standard 5 reels 20 payline video slots game. Despite it’s fairly pompous themes, the Divine Fortune slot has somehow become a big-hitter at all NetEnt online casinos.
It’s easy to be dismissive of slot games that try and get ideas above their station when their press blurb focuses on ‘the wealth and riches of antiquity’. But our Divine Fortune slot review will hopefully give you a clearer picture of what this casino game is all about.
Divine Fortune Slot RTP, Details and Wager Limits
While Divine Fortune focuses on Greek mythological themes, under the hood it’s still a pretty standard 5x3 video slots game. You get to spin the 5 reels, and then try and get those Medusa and Minotaur symbols to line up across the 20 paylines. Getting a certain combination can serve up some potentially big winnings.
Thankfully you don’t have to use ancient Greek currency to play this game. Instead, you can set your coin value between £0.01 and £0.50, so you can save your drachmas for another odyssey. Then you can set the bet level from 1 to 10 to spin the wheels from between £0.20 and £100 per bet.
Everybody knows that Greek gods are too illustrious to handle mortal affairs. So it’s nice to know that this slot game has an autoplay feature that automatically plays the game for a preselected number of rounds. Triggering the Jackpot Bonus will stop the autoplay.
Divine Fortune RTP
So what does ‘wealth and riches of antiquity’ mean in plain English? Well the Divine Fortune RTP is 96.59% which is pretty good when compared to overhyped slot games like Game of Thrones. This means that you’ll lose this game slightly less often than other slot games, but the casino will still hold the upper hand.
The Divine Fortune slot is also classed as a medium volatility game. As a result, you’ll get winnings big enough to make it more worthwhile when compared to titles like the Jimi Hendrix slot, but you might have to wait for a few more aeons for that larger payout. Then again, remember that all jackpots are highly volatile. This value only applies to the base game.
Audio and Design Features – Immersive Greek Odyssey
There’s no shortage of slot games that take their inspiration from ancient times. Alongside Divine Fortune Netent have mined this vein with other successful slot games like Mercy of the Gods, Temple of Nudges, Coins of Egypt, Asgardian Stones and more.
But it’s ancient Greek myths that form the backbone of Divine Fortune. This means that you’ll get to see plenty of animal symbols on the slot wheels such as the Divine Fortune horse, eagle and lion. There are also a Medusa and a Minotaur, along with pretty cool animations of the horse turning into a Pegasus that flaps its wings when triggered.
All of the animation and graphics bear testament to NetEnt’s reputation for quality. From the nicely rendered marble statues on the edge of the screen to the bursts of gold coins that come flooding out when you get a big win, it’s all perfectly displayed whether you’re on a smartphone, tablet or laptop. So if you are a fan of playing on the go, you may want to check out our page about most popular mobile casino sites for even more excellent mobile games.
In terms of the audio, then you get a typically grandiose orchestral theme that aims to add a touch of drama to your gaming. The tinkling sound effects of the gold coins showering across the screen may get a little jarring after a while. But as this tells you when you make some winnings, it could end up being your new favourite sound.
Above all, the Divine Fortune slot looks, sounds and plays like any other NetEnt game. This means that it’s glitch-free and packed with quality to help you focus on racking up those big wins.
Bonus Features and Games in Divine Fortune Slot
So let’s take a closer look at the basic gameplay of this slot. You’ll get the standard 10, J, Q, K, A symbols that are all low value and are nicely rendered in a vague attempt at Greek script.
But it’s the Pegasus symbol that acts as a Wild that really gets things going. This substitutes all other symbols except for scatters and bonuses. The free spins logo acts as the Scatter function.
The Divine Fortune slots game feature no less than four bonuses that can give you much more to play for. Here’s how you get the first three basic bonuses:
- Falling Wild Respins: If you get the Pegasus wild on any place on the reels, it will trigger the Falling Wild respins. This will see the Wild shifting down one row, and you’ll get your respin. You can keep doing this until no more Wild symbols appear, and this feature is even part of the Free Spins game.
- Wild on Wild: This is a pretty cool feature, and it can happen in the standard game and the free spins game. If you’ve already got the Falling Wild respins, and you get a further Wild, then the new Wild will cover the whole reel and you’ll get a nice payout.
- Free Spins: This does exactly what it says on the tin. If you get three free spin Scatter logos anywhere on the reels, then you’ll trigger the free spins bonus. This will give you either five, eight or twelve free spins depending on how many Scatters you got.
Divine Fortune Slot Jackpot Bonus
All of the previous three bonus features are pretty good, if fairly unspectacular. Thankfully the Divine Fortune slot has a few more surprises up its sleeve in the form of the Jackpot Bonus.
To trigger the Jackpot bonus, you’ll need to get at least three of the bonus symbols including Falling Wilds in the main game. From here, the Jackpot bonus will have 15 completely independent reels that feature the collected bonus symbols randomly placed along with them.
Each bonus symbol will have a random coin value of between 10x and 200x your bet level. You start this game with three spins and you have to keep spinning to try and get one bonus symbol to land on the reels. If no spins are left, the bonus game will end and you’ll get your winnings. Here’s a look at how you can win the Jackpot:
- Minor Jackpot: Fill an entire row with bonus symbols. This awards you 20x the bet
- Major Jackpot: Fill two whole rows with bonus symbols. This gives you 100x your bet.
- Mega Jackpot: This progressive jackpot can only be reached if you fill all three rows with bonus symbols. Hitting the Mega Jackpot has the potential to grant you some truly massive winnings.
Divine Fortune Slot Review Summary – Play Like A Greek God With This Slot
We’re impressed with the Divine Fortune slot game. It’s another characteristically strong offering from NetEnt that revels in crisp graphics, immersive audio and slick gameplay. There’s plenty of historical and mythical slot games out there, but this one manages to pay tribute to the ancient Greek era without appearing to be too cheesy. We have seen this all in this Divine Fortune slot review.
The basic RTP and medium volatility may not initially appear to be too attractive. But with four bonus features including the chance to win a progressive jackpot, it’s clear that the Divine Fortune slot machine is well worth a look.
Divine Fortune FAQs
- Can I play Divine Fortune slot free?
- Yes, the Divine Fortune slot machine has a free-play option. This gives you the chance to check out all of the features without putting your own money down. Just remember that you won’t be able to reach the Jackpot Bonus via free-play.
- What is the Divine Fortune RTP?
- The Divine Fortune return-to-play ratio is a respectable 96.59%. This makes it one of the more generous slot games out there, although the odds are obviously still tilted in the casino’s favour.
- What do other Divine Fortune reviews have to say?
- There’s a broad range of opinions out there. Some gamblers said that they played 100 spins and ‘never received any free spins or wilds’. Others have said that they had managed to hit both major and minor jackpots without any problem.