- Checked byThomas Williams
- Published For
Brave the desert dunes, collect the right symbols, and you may just get your hands on the mighty Pharaoh’s treasure in this Ancient Egyptian slot. This is a popular game by IGT Gaming, so if you haven’t tried it yet, and you happen to have a penchant for Ancient Egyptian culture and mysticism, we’d suggest giving this one a go. Yes, there are a lot of ancient Egypt slots games, but this game has its own original perks and bonus rewards! But more on that, and everything else you need to know about this slot and its features can be found in our Cleopatra slot review below.
Cleopatra Slot Details and Wager Limits
This medium volatility Cleopatra slot game has a 5x3 grid and offers a wide range of bets from a minimum of £1.00 to a maximum £10,000. Perfect for high rollers, but also including options for those who want to wager small to medium stakes. Players can select a number of paylines between 1-20 and the bet line from 1.00-500. Cleopatra slot machine comes with an autoplay option, allowing players to select a number of auto spins between 10 and 50, as well as a loss and optional single win limit. We were also happy to see that the auto spin automatically stops when you reach a jackpot, trigger a bonus or reach a big single amount. Despite being a medium volatility game, Cleopatra’s maximum win on any transaction including free spins plus the outcome which launched the bonus can be pretty high.
Cleopatra Slot RTP
Theoretically, the Cleopatra slot RTP or return to player ratio is 95.02%. This basically means that for every £100 wagered on the game globally, £95.02 is paid back out. This falls just short of the RTP online industry standard, which currently sits at 96%. While it isn’t enough to discourage us from playing this game, the Cleopatra RTP isn’t winning any points for generosity on this front. Even though we have definitely seen higher RTPs, it is comparable to similar themed slots such as ‘Book of Ra Deluxe’ and ‘Book of Dead’, both having an RTP of approximately 96% too. Though in reality overall, when playing the Cleopatra slot free play demo game, we did receive a few payout rewards and bonus rounds, so we didn’t notice the low Cleopatra RTP on this instance.
Cleopatra Slot Game Design
We’ve reviewed enough of these games to know that the ancient Egyptian theme is an old favourite when it comes to online slots. And we can see why. There’s something so mysterious, and yet familiar about this ancient culture that we tend to associate with immeasurable wealth and accomplishment. In this case, the Cleopatra slot game lives up to the hype by offering bright and colourful, though pretty standard, graphics and symbols. Ancient hieroglyphics and Egyptian symbols, and the great Pharaoh’s face as the game’s wild symbol may just lead to you to your long-lost treasure! So even though it may seem a little simple and dated, as it was released back in 2012, this Cleopatra slot game is still loved by many.
In fact, Cleopatra has stood the test of time much better than a competing slot game called Book of Ra, which though centered on the same theme, isn’t nearly as immersive, or fun to play in our opinion. Even though it’s not the flashiest game we’ve reviewed, Cleopatra’s audiovisual design clearly blows this competitor out of the water. Book of Ra sounded way too mechanical and boring to us, especially when we pulled these two slot games up side by side. During this comparison we also noticed that Cleopatra’s overall visual interface was a lot crispier and more aesthetically pleasing as well, so we’d definitely pick one over the other any day. However, Cleopatra does come close to another direct competitor, the Book of Dead slot, which is quite comparable and might even provide better bonus features.
Cleopatra is quite silent on startup and can sit quietly in the background long enough to be forgotten between spins. But clicking the lever will set off an exotic Egyptian drumroll effect, which just may lead to some exciting lute chords if you’re lucky enough to get a winning combination. Overall, we can’t say that the International Gaming Technology (IGT) software dropped the ball entirely on this one. But we do feel the game could have done with a few bells and whistles attached, just to keep things interesting during longer sessions. Though overall, it definitely gives players a great gaming experience both on online mobile and desktop devices, as well as in various land-based casinos thanks to IGTs great and reliable gaming software.
Cleopatra Free Spins and Bonus Features
While the game may be lacking a little ingenuity in the audiovisual and design department, IGT seems to have made up for this with various bonus features and games. Yes, there are ways of winning Cleopatra free spins, but more on that later. The Cleopatra scatter is represented by a Sphinx icon, and the game’s wild by the mighty Pharaoh. The Cleopatra wild symbol will substitute for any other symbol apart from the scatter. We were happy to see that when this happens on a winning combination, your rewards are doubled!
If you happen to land 3 or more Sphinx scatter symbols anywhere on the reels, it will trigger the Cleopatra bonus round. Instantly, scatters will appear on reels 1-5, and a 15 free spin bonus is awarded. We feel that this is a great slot feature as all wins, apart from the 5 scatters, are tripled in the Cleopatra bonus round. Only the highest Cleopatra scatter win is paid, though it depends how many Sphinx scatter symbols you acquire, take a look at the below:
- 5 Cleopatra Scatter Symbols: Pays x100 times your total bet stake
- 4 Cleopatra Scatter Symbols: Pays x20 times your total bet stake
- 3 Cleopatra Scatter Symbols: Pays x5 times your total bet stake
- 2 Cleopatra Scatter Symbols: Pays x2 times your total bet stake
Ready for the best part? Every time you get 3 or more Cleopatra scatter symbols on a free spin round, an additional 15 Cleopatra free spins are awarded! Unlike most online slots, this function can be repeated up to a maximum of 180 free spins. This is not the entire limit though, but only the Cleopatra maximum free spins limit in one bonus round. It is good to note that free spins are paid out at the same bet line and number of pay lines that were selected when the free spin were triggered, which high rollers would definitely find quite favourable.
Try Out the Wealthy Cleopatra Online Slot!
This Cleopatra slot machine is hardly as flashy and entertaining as some of the competition out right now. IGT Gaming has given this Egyptian slot fans a solid gaming experience, without the frills. Maybe we’re partial to the theme, but despite our initial disappointment, we must say that as seen in our Cleopatra slot review, we enjoyed our time with this slot. The interface is crisp and clear and simple enough for the newest of players to quickly get the hang of it, whether you play on any of the top online casinos found in our review, or on a land-based casino.
Cleopatra Slot FAQS
- Are there any Cleopatra free spins?
- Yes, 180 times, yes! If you play your reels right, this is the maximum number of free spins that can be triggered in any Cleopatra bonus round! You can try these on any of the Cleopatra slot sites above. Though if you need any help, we’ve gone into detail on how these are triggered and much, much more in our Cleopatra slot review above.
- Where can I play Cleopatra slot machine game free online?
- Cleopatra isn’t a hard game to find, but for those that don’t want to spend time searching the desert sands of the internet for this ancient gem, we’ve taken the liberty of making a shortlist of the top online casinos that offer this slot. There isn't any Cleopatra slot machine download or App available, so it's fairly easy to start playing.
- How to beat Cleopatra slot machine?
- Unlike Cleopatra’s actual conquests in the ancient world, this really isn’t the kind of game where planning and strategy can lead you to a sure victory. Your ability to rake in rewards depends very much on luck here as it is far from a skill-based game.
- How to play Cleopatra slot?
- We suggest starting out by creating an account on any of the top casinos above in our Cleopatra slot review. They all provide an excellent platform to play this game on. All you need to do is make a deposit, press the middle spin button, and hope for the best! You can also play the game demo for free if you’d like to test the waters first.