American Dad Review
Welcome Bonus of 100% up to $/€/£500 SEK 5000.
The minimum qualifying deposit is $/€/£20. If you deposit between $/€/£5 and $/€/£19.99 you will get a 25% deposit boost.
Deposits made via Skrill or NETeller do not qualify for this bonus offer.
Playtech brings forth its slot depiction of the popular animated TV show American Dad. It’s one of the few slot games launched on the Playtech ONE platform. IGT gave us Seth MacFarlane’s Family Guy, and in all honesty, American Dad resembles it greatly. Players who haven’t seen the TV Show will definitely not enjoy the slot as much its loyal fans. In terms of gameplay, the American Dad slot is heavily bonus feature dependent, meaning if you want to profit, you will have to grind your way to a positive ending cash balance.
|American Dad Details|
|User Rating: -||Total Votes: 0|
|House Edge: 5.86%||Return to player: 94.14%|
|Autospin: Yes||Softwares: no download - instant play, mobile, Mac|
|Released: May 1, 2017||Min Bet: 0.4|
|Max Bet: 200||Scatters: Yes|
|Gamble: No||Max Coins: 40|
|Reels: 5||Paylines: 40|
|Free Spins: Yes||Bonus Rounds: Yes|
|Wild: Yes||Software: Playtech|
American Dad slot features a broad 5x4 symbol grid and 40 paylines, and players are not allowed to increase or decrease the number of active paylines. This has a huge impact on the payouts. With 40 paylines, the entry bet is €0.40 and high rollers can enjoy this video slot with maximum bets of €200. The game content is rich, showcasing 5 unique bonus features, based on the leading characters in the TV Show American Dad.
In essence, you should play the game with low to medium bets to explore all of the content. However, we also recommend playing with modest bets because they are the only reliable source of high wins. Playtech decided to incentivize their players to stay longer in the game, but using a counterintuitive approach, making the paytable modest.
As it turns out, you don’t have to be familiar with the TV Show to get hyped and raise the dopamine levels. The dynamic audio and the creative features steal away your attention, especially during the bonus games and whenever you land a medium to big win. Playtech’s ONE platform seems to be doing a pretty good job. The video engine is revamped, setting the grounds for crisp, clear graphics. The slot is truly created in the spirit of the TV Show.
We love how the designers approached the triggers of the bonus features. The tension rises until all reels don’t come to a full stop. Schmooblyndong’s Wheel is a starting point of any bonus feature.
Although we tried not to, but we have to admit that American Dad is indeed better than its “counterpart” Family Guy.
Each of the main characters has its own bonus feature. Schmooblyndong’s Wheel decides what bonus game the player will enjoy, whereas the special symbols appearing on reel 3, and occasionally on reel 5 decide the quantity parameters.
- Stacking Stan: Triggered when the Schmooblyndong’s Wheel stops on Stan’s portrait, it gives players the chance to win big prizes by stacking Stan symbols. The symbol which appears on reel 3 determines how many Stan symbols there will be per stack. If there isn’t a special symbol on reel 5, the player is given a Re-Spin only. This particular rule applies to all other bonus features as well. If, however, there is a special symbol on reel 5, you can win between 3 and 25 Free Spins. This also applies to other bonus games.
- Roger’s Random Wilds: In our experience, Roger’s Random Wilds proved to be the most rewarding bonus game. It is second to the Stacking Stan bonus game only. This bonus game is triggered if the Schmooblyndong’s wheel stops on Roger. He appears, throwing up between 2 and 10 randomly positioned wilds on the reels. Getting 10 wilds and 25 free spins means you’re going to have a good day, regardless of the bet size.
- Francine’s Holy Grail: Patches has a thing for Francine and the designers have made it obvious. It’s crucial to hit 5 or 10 patches on the reel 3 special symbol, otherwise the game is simply not that rewarding. Whenever Francine lands on a symbol where Patches is, Francine covers the entire reel, acting as an Expanding Wild. Even triggering Free Spins may not be as lucrative as one might expect.
- Hayle’s Progressive Multiplier: We don’t know if the pun was intended, but we’re going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Nonetheless, this is probably the least rewarding bonus feature if you don’t trigger any free spins. As the name suggests, it multiplies all wins during the bonus game. The multiplier grows as long as Hayle’s crush appears on the screen. Otherwise, the multiplier stops increasing.
- Wheels and the Legman: From an entertainment point of view, this is the most exciting bonus game. Roger pushes Steve’s wheelchair, and they leave Wild Symbols behind. Like in the case of Francine’s Holy Grail, it’s also heavily dependant on the outcome of the special symbol landing on reel 3. This is also a rewarding feature, but not to the extent to be up to par with Roger’s Random Wilds.
You have no idea what American Dad is? No worries. Playtech made sure that all characters are given proper introduction, at least to some extent. It definitely introduces many new slot mechanics that are hopefully, going to encourage other studios to experiment and take risks.