Best Real Money Online Casinos in 2022
Real money online casinos are literally all over the internet. Put simply, they can bring you one step closer to winning cash back. As many of you know, playing for real money does require some extra care.
We’re here to help ensure that your online casino real money gambling experience is a safe one. This is why we have recommended some of the best UK sites to join. We’ll also take a closer look at key areas such as bonuses, payments and real money casino games.
Top Real Money Casino Sites (UK Only)
- Exclusive slots and jackpots
- Play bingo and poker
- Well-established brand
- Range of bonuses
- 24/7 customer support
- PayPal accepted
- Ran by reputable 888 brand
- Play via iOS or Android app
- VIP rewards and bonuses
- Valuable welcome offer
- Fair and reliable site
- Range of trusted payment options
- Responsive live chat support
- PayPal deposits & withdrawals
- Wide range of live games
- Valuable welcome offer
- Variety of payment options
- Holds more than one licence
- Trustworthy payment methods
- Weekly loyalty rewards
- Great range of jackpot games
- Selection of jackpot slots
- Phone support available
- Range of bonuses
- Huge range of software providers
- Local payment methods
- Valuable welcome bonus
Why Play at a UK Real Money Casino?
Pros and Cons
We’ve listed some of the main advantages and disadvantages of real money UK online casinos below.
As mentioned earlier on, the most obvious perk to playing at UK online casinos with real money is being able to win something back. This, of course, comes with a list of risks. The good news is that the top real money online casinos will look to protect player funds. That’s what we’re about to discuss in our next section.
UK's Best Real Money Casinos Up Close
In this next section, we’ll take a closer look at how we go about rating real money casinos. We have reviewed hundreds of sites; many of which can be found in the list at the bottom of this page.
Note: not all real money online casinos get the green light from us. There is a list of criteria that we use as a basis for our ratings. Then there are those select few that pass our test with flying colours. These are what we’d call the best online casinos for real money in the UK. Here’s a list of what sets them apart.
- Varied Promotions – for both new and existing customers, player-friendly terms
- VIP program – structured with clear targets
- Quality Games Lobby – top game providers, easily filtered
- Live Casino – ideally separate to the RNG games library and varied
- Wide Range of Payment Options – specific to feature markets, transparent policy
- Round the Clock Customer Support – available across multiple channels
- Real money casino app – Instinctive, ideally both instant play and native app versions
- Safe & Secure – clarity of terms, valid UKGC licence, efforts to promote responsible gambling
Our list above should give you a better idea of what to look for in the best real money casino sites. In fact, we’ll take a closer look at some of the points in the sections to come. We must, however, point out that feature markets play an important role.
For real money casino players from the UK for example, the e-wallet PayPal is something we expect the best sites to offer. The same applies to online casino real money games, as we’ll look into later on.
How Do Real Money Casinos Work?
Before we take a look at online casino real money gambling in the UK, we'll analyse the mechanics behind it all. Below is a list of the main components behind a real money casino site.
- Account Wallet: Today many real money casinos make use of external integration platforms to collate and monitor their database. Modern suppliers offer operators a single API framework displaying all data including personal details and account balances. The same API system is often used for casino games. No real money online casino programs their games lobby any longer. Instead this is outsourced.
- Payments System: Another component that real money casinos outsource is their payments gateway. This way, the operators don't need to ensure that they adhere to UKGC's payments regulations. Instead, the external banking providers must certify that they are fully compliant.
- Bonus Credits: One thing that is usually left in the hands of real money casinos is bonus functionality. They must have a system in place to collect all data from bonus sales. This involves creating a channel between casino games and the account wallet. As you can probably imagine, the system is complex. This is one of the reasons why many real money casinos stick to one particular slot game on free spins bonuses.
- Customer Support: Another vital area of any real money casino is customer support. The online casino must ensure that they provide multiple communication channels. More importantly, they should work on both desktop and mobile devices. Live chat and email tools are often outsourced for quality assurance.
- The Front-End: The most important feature of any real money casino is the site's frontend. Again, operators will look to invest in solutions to help automate the process and ensure high standards. One example is in registration forms. As you come across real money online casinos, you'll notice that some of the sign-up pages are similar. That's because they often use the same software.
Online Casino Real Money Bonuses
Playing casino games for real money allows you to claim bonuses. In fact, this is one of the advantages we mentioned earlier on. If you’re looking to learn more about casino bonus offers at UK casino sites, do that before you claim a bonus. They come in all shapes and sizes and are targeted at different player groups.
We’re here to guide you through playing at online casinos for real money. This is why we’ll take a closer look at bonus terms rather than the type of offer. Below is a list of the main things to consider before claiming an online casino real money bonus.
- Minimum deposit: between £10 and £20
- Wagering requirements: up to 40x bonus or 25x deposit + bonus
- % Contributions to WR: slots contribute fully but ideally table games aren’t omitted entirely
- Maximum cashout: ideally none
The above are some of the main terms that can have an effect on your online casino real money gambling experience. Of course, there are many other things to consider such as bonus codes or restricted payment methods.
Real Money Casino No Deposit Bonus Offers
The term real money casino no deposit bonus is something contradictory. This is because, in order to claim this type of bonus, you won’t actually need to make a deposit. The good news is that a casino no deposit bonus can indeed help you win real money.
The only thing you’ll have to keep in mind is that these kind of offers are much harder to come by. What’s more, real money casinos in the UK will require you to make a deposit before cashing out any winnings.
Online Casino Games for Real Money
Real money casino games can bring you one step closer to winning cash. Perhaps you’re wondering which games to play to increase your chances.
Truth be told, there is no secret formula for predicting a win. All licensed software providers make use of RNG technologies to ensure game fairness. These are then tested by independent auditors like iTech Labs, but we’ll take a closer look later on when we discuss security. There are however some things to keep in mind when playing online casino games for real money.
RTP is one example. Software providers include information on the percentage return to player on each of their games. As a general rule, table games tend to have more favourable odds. This is why they often contribute less when claiming UK real money casino bonuses. Luck still plays an important role, which is why slot games are so popular.
UK's Best Real Money Slots
Slot games come in all shapes and sizes and vary massively in terms of gaming experience. If you’re looking to play online slots for real money though, then some still come out on top. Several are popular because of their free spins bonuses. Others, like progressive jackpots, offer players massive payouts, even if they are extremely volatile. Below is a table of some of the best UK online casino real money slots.
Live Casino Games
We’ve mentioned table games earlier on, but live casinos deserve a clearer explanation. This is because they tend to be a UK online casino real money favourite. Firstly, these games usually offer a higher return to player.
More importantly though, for some customers, engaging with real croupiers adds more integrity. Even if table games provide RNG audit reports, the fact that you play in real-time, just makes things more credible.
For those looking to play live dealer games for real money, we suggest checking out our dedicated page.
Real Money Casino Apps
Best UK Casino Apps to Win Real Money
If you’re looking to play mobile casino games for real money in the UK, check out the table below.
We have listed some of the best real money casino apps in the UK. We have also included a few of their main features. For more details though, we suggest reading the full casino review.
UK Online Casinos & Real Money Transactions
The first step to playing real money casino games is making an actual deposit. The good thing is that most online casinos provide a wide range of payment options to choose from. Regulars include the likes of VISA, MasterCard, NETELLER, Skrill and Paysafecard. Note: UK players are no longer able to make credit card transactions but debit cards are fully accepted on deposits and withdrawals.
What we tend to look for though, are those online casino real money payment options that are specific to a particular region. One example is PayPal, one of the safest e-wallets in the UK. ApplePay is another example of a mobile-friendly option that is becoming increasingly popular in the region.
How to make a real money casino deposit
Once you’re happy with your payment option, you can now continue to make a real money casino deposit. Before doing so, you may want to check for any bonuses worth claiming. As mentioned earlier on online casino real money offers bear specific terms that players must abide by.
Once you’re set, here’s how to deposit at a real money casino site in the UK.
- You can check back to our list of the best UK real money casinos
- Be sure to read our full review before making a decision
When making an online casino real money deposit, be sure to stick to the limits. This is particularly important when claiming a deposit bonus.
Online Casino Real Money Withdrawals
Real money casino withdrawals work similarly to deposits with a few exceptions. Firstly, not all payment methods are available on withdrawals. The voucher style payment method Paysafecard is one example.
In addition to this, while real money casino deposits are instant, most withdrawals require some time. KYC checks, for instance, are mandatory at casinos licensed in the UK. These are carried out manually and thus the transaction time varies according to operator.
Even if you opt for a real money casino with fast payouts, another thing to keep in mind is the actual withdrawal method. E-wallets like PayPal are known to be the swifter options. Bank transfers, on the other hand, can take several days to process.
Something else to consider when playing for real money are transaction fees. This is entirely down to the casino. Some charge fees on both deposits and withdrawals, some stick to withdrawals only and many don’t charge any fees at all. Even the actual cost can vary according to payment method. This is why we always suggest checking back to the full terms or reading our real money casino reviews beforehand. You can find a complete list towards the bottom of this page.
Are Real Money Casinos Safe?
Safety was something we mentioned towards the beginning of this page. It should be a top priority in your online casino real money gambling experience. No matter how good the games may seem or how attractive bonuses are, when playing for real money you must ensure that your funds are protected.
Sticking to any of our best real money casino sites from earlier on, will, of course, ensure this. But we’ll also provide a deeper insight into what deems a UK casino secure. Here’s a list of what to look out for.
- Valid casino license – UK players are only able to join a UKGC licensed casino; licence details should be made clear
- Advocates of Responsible Gambling – seals from 3rd party organisations like GamCare, BeGambleAware or Gamblers Anonymous; dedicated page with further self-help tools.
- Promotion of Game Fairness – seal from independent auditors like eCogra and iTech Labs; ideally a page on RNG software and game fairness
- SSL Encryption – real money casino sites must make use of the latest SSL technologies to protect sensitive data; this should be outlined in a detailed privacy and cookies policy
- Full Transparency of Terms – all policies related to the casino including bonuses and payments should be outlined and easily accessible. This is a requirement of the UKGC
The above list should give you a better idea of the security criteria UK casinos must live up to. The best real money online casinos aim to take this one step further. Some even provide their own independent websites related to Responsible Gambling. What’s more, many operators provide links to their RNG audit certificates. This creates more reassurance to players opting for real money casino games.
Real Money Online Casinos FAQs
- What is the best online casino for real money?
- We have listed some of the best real money online casinos at the beginning of this page. You can rest assured that any of these sites we recommend have been deemed safe. We do however suggest reading our reviews before making a decision. There are many factors to consider when playing for real money.
- Can you really win money at online casinos?
- Yes, it is possible to win real money at online casinos. In order to be in with a chance of winning though, you’ll need to make a real money casino deposit as shown earlier on. We must, however, point out that playing at a UK real money online casino won't guarantee a win. Luck plays an important role here too.
- Are there any online slots that pay real money?
- Yes. All casino games including slots can be played for real money and will reward you with cash should you hit a win. There are factors to consider which can help determine how an online slot pays out. Return to player is one example. For more information check back to our section on UK online casino real money games.
- Which online slots payout the most?
- Online slots make use of RNG software which means that we cannot predict when you’ll land a winning payline. This is what deems slot games fair. We have however listed some of the best UK casino slots to play for real money earlier on. These come with specific features which can help increase your chances of winning.
- Do casino apps pay real money?
- Yes. All online casinos that have been optimized for mobile play, pay out out cash. You will, of course, have to make a real money casino deposit first. For more information on the best real money casino apps in the UK, check back to earlier on.