2022's Best Casino Bonus Offers in the UK
Casino bonuses are a huge part of online gaming in the UK. They come in all shapes and sizes and are targeted at various players. As you probably know, finding a casino bonus, won’t take much but picking out the best can be time-consuming.
Luckily, you have us. We’ll take you through all of the important details such as the types, how to claim them, as well as key terms. Here’s a list of the best UK casino bonuses online to start you off.
Best Casino Bonuses (UK Offers)
- Over 1800 games
- Great filters
- Different currencies available
- Progressive jackpot slots
- Accepts PayPal deposits
- Refer a friend promotion
- Over 2000 games
- PayPal accepted
- Excellent loyalty program
- Exclusive games
- Award-winning app
- No deposit bonus
- Unique Duelz battle feature
- PayPal accepted
- Excellent welcome offer
- Valuable welcome offer
- Fair and reliable site
- Range of trusted payment options
- Valuable welcome bonus
- High quality games library
- In-depth loyalty program
- Good choice of games available
- Regular promotions and offers
- Owned by an established iGaming group
- Wide range of live games
- Reasonable wagering requirements
- Recurring weekly promotions
- Part of a widely trusted iGaming brand
- Good choice of slots
- Trusted payment methods
What is a Casino Bonus?
As the name implies, a casino bonus can be seen simply as an extra boost. For players looking to join a new casino, they are often used as an added incentive. They give you an opportunity to extend your gameplay while taking the casino site for a test run.
Online casino bonuses can be just as rewarding for existing players too. In some cases, they are used to help players redeem their losses. We’ll take a look at this in more detail when we discuss when to claim a casino bonus.
An added perk to promotions is that they are easy to claim. We’ll take a closer look at the main advantages and disadvantages of casino bonuses in the table below.
Pros and Cons
Check back to our best casino bonuses in the UK and you’ll also realise that they are extremely varied. There are a number of different types around and some can be more advantageous than others. We’re about to take a closer look at casino bonus types in our next section.
Casino Bonuses – The Different Types
In order to truly understand how the best casino bonuses work, we’ll take a closer look at the different types. As you’re probably well aware, most UK casinos offer a wide range of promotions. The variety can be overwhelming at first which is why we’ll break them down into the most popular casino bonus offers you can expect to come across.
As the name implies, any casino bonus that requires a deposit prior to claiming falls under the deposit bonus family. For obvious reasons, they are the most popular bonus type you can expect to come across at online casinos in the UK.
You will need to meet minimum deposit requirements when claiming this type of casino bonus. We’ll take a look at this in more detail, though, when we discuss bonus terms.
The most standard deposit bonus you can expect to come across is a simple 100% match bonus, usually up to £100. Any match casino bonus above 100% is considered particularly generous. The top casino bonuses will take things one step further by combining this with free spins.
No Deposit Bonus
No deposit bonus offers are considered the most desirable casino bonus in the UK. The reason is self-explanatory; you aren’t required to make a deposit. All you have to do is register. This is why they are particularly popular with new players. They are the perfect opportunity to try out an online casino before committing.
You might be wondering what the catch is. Casino bonuses that do not require a deposit usually come in small amounts. In most cases, it’s in the form of free spins. Some online casinos are known to hand out minimal amounts of free money (£10). This is usually in the form of casino bonus money and often referred to as free play.
Claiming a no deposit casino bonus is usually done by entering a bonus code or directly via our Casinocountdown links.
Free Spins/ Bonus Spins
We have mentioned free spins as part of a casino bonus a few times now. They are being offered by casinos with a frequency greater than ever. They’re attractive, easy to claim and available of players’ favourite games, slots.
Free spin casino bonuses are exactly as they’re named. You get a number of spins on certain slots for ‘free’. Note, in some cases, you’re required to make a deposit beforehand hence they’re not entirely free. This is why they are often referred to as bonus spins in the UK.
Whatever money you win out of those spins is then converted into real money. Most casino bonuses require players to complete wagering requirements prior to withdrawing any winnings. We’ll get to this later on in our casino bonus section.
When Can I Claim a Casino Bonus?
We’ve touched on the major types of casino bonuses however it’s worth pointing out that there are actually more. Not all promotions are available to every single player. Some are targeted at new customers whereas others are specifically for existing players.
We’ll now take a look at other categories of online casino bonuses in the UK as well as when you are able to claim them below.
Sometimes referred to as a welcome deposit offer this is the most common type of casino bonus you can in expect in the UK. As the name promises, welcome bonuses are exclusively available to new players. Most online casinos will have at least one but that’s not always the case.
As a general rule welcome bonuses usually require a deposit. Even if they do throw in sign-up spins, they’re often combined with some sort of match casino bonus. This is why they’re also referred to as first deposit bonuses.
As for the best casino bonuses, they’re not just limited to your first deposit but multi-tiered. Welcome bonuses or packages, in this case, are sometimes spread across 3, 4 or even 5 deposits. What’s more, they won’t just offer casino bonus money but also free spins.
A reload bonus offer is almost identical to a match casino bonus. The main difference lies in the fact that reload bonuses are usually only available to existing players. This type of online casino bonus tends to match a smaller percentage of your deposit.
The only distinction we can make with regards to casino bonuses of this kind is how often they’re available. They can be put in the following categories.
- Daily Reload Bonuses- Available once per day and usually range between 20% and 75%.
- Weekly Reload Bonuses- The only purpose of this type of reload bonuses is to help out the players with other weekly promotions. Usually, weekly reload bonuses can go as high as 100%.
- Monthly Reload Bonuses- Available once per month, or on the first deposit made during the month. Monthly casino bonuses are in the range of 50% to 150%.
- One Time Reload Bonuses- Although the offer is a one-time-only, a new one will take its place. This type of bonuses always comes with a casino bonus code. For the purpose of consistency, one time reload bonuses are in the range of 30% up to 150%.
Reload casino bonuses often come with lower wagering requirements than welcome bonuses. This is why it’s good practice to take a closer look at recurring promotions rather than just new player casino bonuses.
Cashback bonuses at casinos are self-explanatory. They’re an opportunity for players to turn a loss around. Similarly, to the previous casino bonus, there are also various types of cashback promotions. We’ve split them up as shown below.
- Daily Cashback – Players get real money back based on how much they have lost that day.
- Weekly Cashback – Qualifying period lasts 7 days and casino bonus ranges between 10% and 20%
- Monthly Cashback - Qualifying period lasts 30 days
This type of casino bonus is also particularly popular during holiday periods and major events. Some include it as part of their loyalty program. In fact VIP exclusive cashback bonuses are also something you can expect to come across. They sometimes reach a staggering 50% if you’re lucky enough to reach VIP status.
High Roller Casino Bonus
High roller bonuses are also referred to VIP bonuses. This is because this type of casino bonus is usually awarded to VIP players. That’s not always the case though. High roller welcome bonuses also exist, for instance.
These casino bonuses are termed ‘high roller’ because of the immense value. They can be claimed by anyone technically. They usually come at the price of high minimum deposit limits such as £100, even £1,000. If you are ready to meet high deposit limits, then you shouldn’t be surprised to see match casino bonuses up to £5,000.
Note, these casino bonuses not popular at UKGC gaming operators due to tight restrictions.
How to Claim an Online Casino Bonus in the UK
At this point, you should have a better understanding of the best casino bonuses as well as the various types. We now turn our focus to how to claim one. Regardless of type, this process is relatively straightforward. Here’s a step by step guide to claiming an online casino bonus below.
- Choose a casino bonus you would like to claim.
- Ensure that you are eligible to receive this promotion.
- Click the ‘Claim’ button.
- If this is a welcome bonus, you will need to register beforehand.
- New players will also need to verify their identity.
- You may also be required to enter a casino bonus code.
- Ensure that you have met minimum deposit requirements if necessary.
- The casino bonus funds or free spins should be added to your account automatically.
- Start playing but to be sure to check game eligibility.
At this stage, it’s also worth mentioning that the same steps above apply to mobile players. Casinos no longer tend to differentiate. Instead, most mobile casino bonus offers are the same as the ones you can view on desktop.
Mobile or desktop, always read the casino bonus terms before claiming an offer. It’s easy to get caught out as we’re about to find out in the next section.
UK Casino Bonus Terms Explained
If we take a look back at our list of the best UK online casino bonuses, some may not seem extraordinary. This is because we don’t just base our ratings on the offer. Casino bonus terms play just an important role.
Clarity of terms is a basic requirement of literally any licensing body. Then again, it is common knowledge that nobody likes reading those pesky terms & conditions when interacting with products online. The norm is to just click accept and move on.
Below, we’ll take a closer look at some of the main terms to consider when claiming a casino bonus.
Wagering/playthrough/turnover requirements are terms you will meet with frequently when pursuing online casino bonuses. They dictate the number of times you need to play through your bonus, deposit or both before withdrawing real money. As you can imagine, they have a huge impact on the actual value of your casino bonus.
Let’s say you’ve made a £20 deposit at a casino online and claimed a 100% welcome casino bonus. This leaves you with a bankroll of £40. If the wagering requirements dictate a 30 times playthrough of your deposit and bonus (30 x Deposit + Bonus), you will need to wager a total of £1200, before you can withdraw any surplus cash. Some casinos require wagering of casino bonus funds only (30 x Bonus), in this case for your £20 bonus claimed you would need to wager £600.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, you’re probably wondering what’s an acceptable wagering requirement on a casino bonus. We’ve got it listed below.
- Average UK wagering requirement (bonus): 30x to 40x*
- Average UK wagering requirement (deposit + bonus): 25x to 35x
*UK casinos tend to have higher wagering requirements due to tax regulations
Wagering requirements also differ according to casino bonus type. No deposit bonuses for instance, bear higher playthrough rates. We have covered this all on their respective pages.
Wager-Free Casino Bonuses
- No wagering on any bonus
- Exclusive welcome offer
- Excellent casino app
Imposing wagering requirements is standard practice with casino bonuses. We must also point out that there are some exceptions to the norm. This is particularly popular with new casino bonus offers as this is a way to stand out.
Wager free casino bonuses are however much harder to come by. If you are looking for one that employs this policy, then we suggest checking out PlayOJO Casino.
Percentage Game Contributions
Not all games contribute fully to wagering requirements. Some are excluded entirely from casino bonuses. This is something that we tend to point out in our reviews. For a more complete list though, we always suggest checking back to the casino bonus policy.
As a general rule slot games usually contribute fully. Some casino bonus policies add scratch card games here too.
Table Games such as Blackjack, Baccarat or Roulette usually contribute to a much lower percentage (10%-25%) towards wagering. Then there are those games with 0% contribution. What this means is that you aren’t able to claim a casino bonus playing them. Jackpot slots tend to fall under this category as do live dealer games. There are of course some exceptions and live casino bonus offers will crop up from time to time.
Minimum Deposit Limit
Most casino bonuses have a preset amount of cash that you need to deposit before claiming a bonus. For standard UK welcome bonuses, this is usually anywhere between £10 and £20. High roller casino bonuses, on the other hand, come with much higher rates, as mentioned earlier on..
Of course, for no deposit bonuses, this limit does not apply. If you want to cashout your winnings on these online casino bonuses, you’ll usually still have to meet minimum deposit requirements.
One of the most important things you need to look out for in casino bonuses is the maximum cashout. This refers to the amount you are able to win from a particular bonus. The good news is that not all casino bonuses carry cashout limits.
Many of them do, particularly the ones that do not require a deposit. We’re not able to give you a clear indicator of cashout limits that we consider fair. This usually depends on other factors such as the size of the offer. What we can tell you is that a top online casino bonus will ensure that this information is readily available to players. Transparency of terms is just as important to us.
Casino Bonus Codes
Previously, casino bonus codes were the most common way for UK players to claim a promotion. New players, for instance, would simply enter the promo code when depositing and they had their casino bonus. Although they haven’t died out yet, bonus codes are becoming a thing of the past.
You will notice that some of our casino bonuses, do in fact show a code. As mentioned previously, several online casinos still make use of this system. It’s something that you should always be aware of. Luckily, we point out all casino bonus codes in our reviews. UK casinos do however seem to be moving away from this system.
Aside from the above, most offers follow the one casino bonus per household rule. What’s more, not all promotions bear the same terms. There are other things you’ll need to look out for. We’ve outlined the main ones below.
- Time constraints – for both casino bonuses and wagering requirements
- Restricted deposit methods – for example, PayPal, Neteller and Skrill deposits
- Payment method-specific bonuses – cryptocurrency deposit bonuses for example
- Exclusive casino bonuses – require you to claim them using a specific link
What to Look for in the Best Casino Bonuses?
If you’re looking for the best UK casino bonuses, then we suggest taking a look at our list of offers at the beginning of this page. You may, however, prefer to do your own research. This is why we have come up with a list of terms that we consider fair.
- Minimum deposit: £10
- Wagering requirements: 30x to 40x Bonus
- Game Contribution: Slots - 100% (NetEnt games should be available), Table Games – at least some sort of contribution.
- No Maximum Cashout limits
- Casino Bonus Percentage: Not less than 100%
A top casino bonus in the UK will tick most of these points on our list. Then again, it depends on the type of offer, as we looked into earlier on. This is why we have come up with a table of some of the best casino bonuses by type.
Best UK Mobile Bonus
- Well-established brand
- Excellent casino app
- 24/7 customer support
Best New UK Casino Bonus
- Great choice of games
- Valuable welcome offer
- Impressive customer support
Best UK Live Casino Bonus
- UK no deposit bonus
- Quality gaming selection
- PayPal accepted
Best UK Deposit Bonus
- Exclusive games
- Award-winning app
- No deposit bonus
Best UK No Deposit Bonus
UK Casino Bonuses & Regulations
If you've been playing at UK online casinos for a while now, then you'll have seen a change in the bonuses they offer over the years or rather their promotional strategies.
This has been down to numerous efforts by authorities such as the UKGC as well as the government, in efforts to further protect players.
Welcome Bonus Policies
2016 saw an investigation into UK casino sign-up bonuses. It was discovered that many of the terms were unclear and in some cases misleading. This lead the UK Gambling Commission to issue an amended policy regarding bonuses and their terms.
Nowadays, all casino bonus offers in the UK must adhere to a number of criteria. Below we highlight some of the key points.
- Bonus terms must be clear and fully transparent
- Operators are not allowed to withhold funds where promotional policies are deemed unclear
- Casinos can no longer engage in publicity stunts to promote freeplay and related bonuses
New Taxation Rules
In 2017, the UK government published a finance bill amending the laws with regards to remote gaming duty. Freeplays and similar casino bonus offers are now subject to 15% taxation payable by the operator.
In the past, casino bonuses were being used as a means to gain the maximum out of a player. While these new regulations may seem like a nuisance, they have actually been done to protect you as customers.
How has this affected Casino Bonuses in the UK?
At this stage, you're bound to be wondering how these changes have affected you, or rather your chances of claiming a casino bonus. The truth is that it has only lead to operators rethinking their bonus strategies.
Less money is, of course, being spent on the promotion of casino bonus offers. But the good news is that more funds have been invested in proper research. Casino bonuses in the UK are still widely available but as a player, you have less to worry about when it comes to misleading terms.
- What is a casino bonus?
- A casino bonus is an extra boost given to players to help extend their gameplay. They can be awarded to both new and existing customers. We suggest taking a look at our section on the different types of casino bonuses. This will give you a better idea of how you can benefit from each one.
- Can you withdraw bonus balance?
- It depends. Most casino bonuses will require you to meet wagering requirements before withdrawing winnings from your bonus balance. This isn’t always the case as wager-free bonuses do sometimes crop up. We would suggest reading more about UK casino bonus terms to know what to look for.
- How do I convert my bonus to cash?
- In order to convert your casino bonus to real money, you’ll usually have to meet wagering requirements. Moreover, there’s usually a set time limit for this. We also suggest checking other casino bonus terms like game eligibility.
- How does a casino bonus work?
- Online casino bonuses can be claimed by both new and existing players. They vary in shape and size, but they all aim to help players extend their gameplay. We suggest scrolling up to our a step by step guide on how to claim a UK casino bonus, for more information.
- What are bonus wagering requirements?
- Wagering requirements are one of the main casino bonus terms you can expect to come across. The term refers to the number of times you must play through your bonus, deposit, or both amounts. You must complete this within a set period in order to withdraw winnings. We provide more information on wagering requirements in the UK on our casino bonus page.